* Bad cursor postion when dormat theads activate
@ 2010-02-24 19:38 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2010-02-24 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I've been noticing this behavior thru several cvs updates and posted
here about it a while back.

I probably did a poor job of describing what I see, so trying again
here.

After ticking all messages in a thread dormant, when a new message
appears in that thread I see something unusual happen when opening the
group.

If the new message gets threaded with the dormant thread and is the
only new stuff that has arrived or is first in the summary buffer view,
then the threaded subject becomes visible and in dormant face but
instead of the new message appearing below the last dormant message
the thread is collapsed and the cursor is clear over to the right hand
side of the subject line.

Reading what I've written so far seems really confusing... sorry my
prose skills are so lacking.... but I've inlined a screen shot showing
the phenomena... it didn't reproduce all that well but I hope you can
get the idea.

In the screen shot, that summary buffer has just been opened and there
is a new message under the dormant ticked previous messages.

I've never seen this before a couple of mnths ago in many yrs of using
gnus. I'm not sure what in my config may be causing this but have
posted  my ~/.gnus at the URL below.

I cleaned it up a bit by deleting many ancient and other comments but
there is no doubt still plenty of stuff in there that doesn't need to
be. Maybe something there is causing the problem?

  www.jtan.com/~reader/gnus.txt

Here is the screen shot: