* Bold disappeared on OS X Tiger, Emacs CVS, Gnus CVS
@ 2005-06-27 14:13 Seth Falcon
From: Seth Falcon @ 2005-06-27 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I just upgraded to OS X Tiger and rebuilt GNU Emacs from CVS.  I've
been using Gnus from CVS and also updated (this was all in the last
two days).

Everyting is working fine, but I don't see any bold face in Gnus at
all.  I used to see bold group names in *Group* buffer when groups had
unread mails (er, news).  I also would see bold for messages with
increased score.

It isn't a (general) font problem.  I can see bold just fine in other
modes in Emacs.

Any suggestions for me?  Things are looking a little plain :-(

Thanks,

+ seth

* Re: Bold disappeared on OS X Tiger, Emacs CVS, Gnus CVS
@ 2005-07-13  5:35 ` Seth Falcon
From: Seth Falcon @ 2005-07-13  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 27 Jun 2005, sethfalcon@comcast.net wrote:
> I just upgraded to OS X Tiger and rebuilt GNU Emacs from CVS.  I've
> been using Gnus from CVS and also updated (this was all in the last
> two days).
>
> Everyting is working fine, but I don't see any bold face in Gnus at
> all.  I used to see bold group names in *Group* buffer when groups
> had unread mails (er, news).  I also would see bold for messages
> with increased score.
>
> It isn't a (general) font problem.  I can see bold just fine in
> other modes in Emacs.

I've updated Emacs and Gnus via CVS and still am "boldless".  Is
anyone else experiencing this?

Is there useful info I could provide that would help someone guide me
in the right direction?

Thanks,

+ seth

* [SOLVED] Re: Bold disappeared on OS X Tiger, Emacs CVS, Gnus CVS
@ 2005-07-14 14:33   ` Seth Falcon
From: Seth Falcon @ 2005-07-14 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12 Jul 2005, sethfalcon@gmail.com wrote:
> I've updated Emacs and Gnus via CVS and still am "boldless".  Is
> anyone else experiencing this?
>
> Is there useful info I could provide that would help someone guide
> me in the right direction?

OK, I'm quite embarassed having replied to my own post a 3rd time, but
wanted to post a solution in case anyone else comes across this.

If bold is not working for you with carbon Emacs on OS X, see this
post:

 list: gnu.emacs.help
 subj: Re: Macintosh character display (128-255)
 date: 29 Dec, 2004
 archive url (super long):
 http://groups-beta.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.help/browse_thread/thread/ee999b9f71cf717c/64772d2bfc94ad64?q=emacs+bold+set-default-font+os+x+font&rnum=5&hl=en#64772d2bfc94ad64

Sorry for taking up space on this.