* Followup to all with to to-address set.
@ 1996-11-10  7:49 Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-11-10  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm on a number of closed mailing lists where the behavior of
to-address is exactly what is required about 90% of the time.  On
occasion there will be cc's to addresses not on the list, and it's
bothering me how much effort it takes to keep the other addresses in
followups (they're guaranteed not to be list members, unlike most of
the traffic).

What I'd really like is to be able to hit something like `C-u F' or
`C-u f' and have Gnus keep the Cc's.

The only work around I've got right now is to switch back to
SPC*Original Article ...* and pick off the extra addresses to put in.

Comments?
--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be billed at $250/message.

* Re: Followup to all with to to-address set.
@ 1996-11-10  8:59 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-11-10  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com> writes:

> What I'd really like is to be able to hit something like `C-u F' or
> `C-u f' and have Gnus keep the Cc's.

You can just use the Message commands directly.  Pop over to the
article buffer and type `M-x message-wide-reply' (or whatever).

There probably should be a way to give more parameters to commands,
though.  The prefix is used, but there should be something along the
lines of `M-C-u KEY COMMAND' to give KEY as a prefix to COMMAND.
However, this kinda goes against the way things work, because what KEY
is meaningful as a prefix to COMMAND depends on what COMMAND is.

This is more of an orthogonal keymap thing, isn't it?  *sigh*.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* Re: Followup to all with to to-address set.
@ 1996-11-10 17:46   ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-11-10 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

sb> What I'd really like is to be able to hit something like `C-u F' or
sb> `C-u f' and have Gnus keep the Cc's.

Lars> You can just use the Message commands directly.  Pop over to the
Lars> article buffer and type `M-x message-wide-reply' (or whatever).

Hmm.  That works but is neither intuitive nor particularly
convenient.  It also screws up the display with bbdb. :-(

Lars> There probably should be a way to give more parameters to
Lars> commands, though.

Yup.  More parameters, and _definitely_ some good function to put on
the TAB key.  :-)

Lars> This is more of an orthogonal keymap thing, isn't it?  *sigh*.

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-11-11 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com> writes:

> Lars> There probably should be a way to give more parameters to
> Lars> commands, though.
>
> Yup.  More parameters, and _definitely_ some good function to put on
> the TAB key.  :-)

Why not do both?  `1 TAB F' could be "call `F' with modifier 1", which
could be something useful.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen