* Group highlighting not working
@ 2012-11-15 16:24 Didier Verna
From: Didier Verna @ 2012-11-15 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gnus Beta Testers

  Hello,

I'm trying Gnus with Emacs 24.2 or 24.4 trunk with the same
configuration I've had before under XEmacs (I've removed all the
gnus-xmacs stuff though, and also all face settings).

Gnus seems to be working fine, although for a reason I don't understand,
it doesn't highlight the Group buffer anymore. This happens both with an
X11 and Cocoa version on Darwin (not tried any other box). The only
highlighting that works is the %« ... %» one (mouse-face stuff).

AFAICT, gnus-group-highlight-group-line does put the right text
properties on the lines, but nothing happens.

Any idea ?

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Scientific site:   http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier
Music (Jazz) site: http://www.didierverna.com

* Re: Group highlighting not working
@ 2012-11-15 21:29 ` Didier Verna
From: Didier Verna @ 2012-11-15 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gnus Beta Testers

I wrote:

> Gnus seems to be working fine, although for a reason I don't
> understand, it doesn't highlight the Group buffer anymore.

  So, the reason is that I had font-lock turning on automatically in
every buffer. I seems that when font-lock is active, every fontification
setting done via put-text-property goes away. They reappear when
font-lock is turned off.

Weird.