On 2016-01-13 11:33, Alan Schmitt writes: > The `gnus-request-update-mark' function works well for nnimap (as there > is no corresponding function, so the initial mark is returned), but it > seems to be problematic with nnir. I cannot edebug it further because > `nnir-request-update-mark' is a deffoo, and I don’t know how to debug > those. Using the lisp debugger I think I’ve found the crux of the problem, the function `nnir-request-update-mark' from nnir.el returns nil when the article number is negative. I see two way to solve the issue: - return the original mark when the article is a negative number (which is basically what nnimap does) The code would then be this: #+begin_src emacs-lisp (deffoo nnir-request-update-mark (group article mark) (let ((artgroup (nnir-article-group article)) (artnumber (nnir-article-number article))) (if (and artgroup artnumber) (gnus-request-update-mark artgroup artnumber mark) mark))) #+end_src - allow the call to `gnus-request-update-mark' to return nil, but then protect the remainder of the code in that case I’ll update the bug report with this information. Thoughts? Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7 Athmospheric CO₂ (Updated January 12, 2016, Mauna Loa Obs.): 401.82 ppm