From: Par Kurlberg <kurlberg@math.kth.se>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: tick marks cleared on server, but still seen as ticked by gnus
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 23:58:01 +0200	[thread overview]

I have been suffering intermittent problems with tick marks not being
synced when reading mail via nnimap.  More precisely, the act of
clearing the tick mark (on the server, say using thunderbird) is for
some reason not seen by gnus.  Will Gardella suggested
trying setting gnus-agent-synchronize-flags to t, but the problem
remains.

Any help very much appreciated!  The problem is causing me quite some
grief - I'm using ticks to keep track of messaged that need actions, and
it's getting a bit confusing that stuff taken care of at work looks
undone from my laptop.  Any suggestions on how I can debug this?  I
suspect that cached values in .newsrc.eld overrides the imap server
flags, but it's just a guess.

In case it's pertinent, the emacs/gnus versions are:

GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin11.4.2, GTK+ Version 2.18.9) of
2013-03-29 on odin.lan

Gnus v5.13

Best,
Par

PS: I (re)-posted a similar message to info-gnus-english about a week
ago - I apologize for the crossposting - a friend recommended that I use
ding instead since it's more active.