* imap error
@ 2011-07-30 20:47 Adrian Lanz
From: Adrian Lanz @ 2011-07-30 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I use Gnus v5.13 under GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1, the emacs-snapshot package
under Debian sid. Since the last update, I get the follwoing message
when downloading mail messages from my company's imap server (yes, I
download as from a pop server):

error in process filter: End of file during parsing

an Emcas hangs (I can interupt with C-g which makes me loose all my
marks in the mail groups, BTW).

The buffer   *imap source* says

UID 5501)^M
6 OK FETCH completed^M

Edebugging does not help, because the behaviour is not recognised as
error?

Many thanks, Adrian.

* Re: imap error
@ 2011-07-31  1:53 ` Adrian Lanz
From: Adrian Lanz @ 2011-07-31  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sam 30 Jul 2011 (22:47:47 +0200) Adrian Lanz writes:

> error in process filter: End of file during parsing
>
> and Gnus hangs [corrected wording and spelling, compared to the

I did (kind of) track down the problem with the help of the web
interface to the imap mail server. The culprit was a mail message with
two hqx encoded attachments. Still, Gnus should not hang for such a
message (and destroy the marks of all my mail groups after escaping with
C-g form the situation)?

Thanks, Adrian.

* Re: imap error
@ 2011-08-01  2:22   ` Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2011-08-01  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

on Sat Jul 30 2011, Adrian Lanz <lanz-AT-wsl.ch> wrote:

> On Sam 30 Jul 2011 (22:47:47 +0200) Adrian Lanz writes:
>

>> error in process filter: End of file during parsing
>>
>> and Gnus hangs [corrected wording and spelling, compared to the

Apparently `C-g' is expected to do arbitrary amounts of damage to your
Gnus state.  See Lars' note in m3aabufp37.fsf@stories.gnus.org
(http://debbugs.gnu.org/db/90/9075.html)

I think this is a major problem.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing

* Re: imap error
@ 2011-08-18  0:39 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-08-18  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adrian Lanz; +Cc: ding

Adrian Lanz <lanz@wsl.ch> writes:

> I use Gnus v5.13 under GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1, the emacs-snapshot package
> under Debian sid. Since the last update, I get the follwoing message
> when downloading mail messages from my company's imap server (yes, I
> download as from a pop server):
>
> error in process filter: End of file during parsing

And you don't get a backtrace if `debug-on-error' is t?