* Agent getting inquisitive
@ 2003-12-28 17:40 Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2003-12-28 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just cvs upped for the first time in a month, and the agent has
started to ask me if I really wanna go online when I plug it in.  I
think it has to do with the last change to `gnus-open-server'.

Would it be possible to get rid of this?  Perhaps with a variable
controlling that behaviour.  I find it quite annoying.

* Re: Agent getting inquisitive
@ 2003-12-28 20:40 ` Kevin Greiner
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2003-12-28 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henrik Enberg <henrik.enberg@home.se> writes:

> I just cvs upped for the first time in a month, and the agent has
> started to ask me if I really wanna go online when I plug it in.  I
> think it has to do with the last change to `gnus-open-server'.
>
> Would it be possible to get rid of this?  Perhaps with a variable
> controlling that behaviour.  I find it quite annoying.

We already have gnus-server-unopen-status controlling the behavior.
Have you considered setting it?  If it doesn't offer what you want,
you'll need to provide a more technically precise description of what
you are doing.

Kevin

* Re: Agent getting inquisitive
@ 2003-12-30  5:26   ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2003-12-30  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Kevin Greiner <kgreiner@xpediantsolutions.com> writes:

> Henrik Enberg <henrik.enberg@home.se> writes:
>
>> I just cvs upped for the first time in a month, and the agent has
>> started to ask me if I really wanna go online when I plug it in.  I
>> think it has to do with the last change to `gnus-open-server'.
>>
>> Would it be possible to get rid of this?  Perhaps with a variable
>> controlling that behaviour.  I find it quite annoying.
>
> We already have gnus-server-unopen-status controlling the behavior.
> Have you considered setting it?  If it doesn't offer what you want,
> you'll need to provide a more technically precise description of what
> you are doing.

It seems like what I wanted was to set `gnus-agent-go-online' to t.  It
made the inquisitiveness go away.  I should probably read the source
more often before asking questions.

Funny thing is that I've never set that before and it only just started
asking questions when plugging after the last cvs up.

* Re: Agent getting inquisitive
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-12-31  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henrik Enberg <henrik.enberg@home.se> writes:

> Funny thing is that I've never set that before and it only just started
> asking questions when plugging after the last cvs up.

I think it would make sense to have that variable default to
`always'...