* Gnus-5.7 with Qmail Mailbox and Maildir?
@ 1999-10-31 18:39 Chris Shenton
From: Chris Shenton @ 1999-10-31 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

I recently switched from sendmail to qmail. In .gnus I tell gnus to
send using qmail with:

	(setq message-send-mail-function 'message-send-mail-with-qmail)

I'm using the default UNIX-style "Mailbox" file, now in user home dirs
rather than /var/mail. I've persuaded Gnus (5.7) to read this like by
adding:

	export MAIL=$HOME/Mailbox

to my .bashrc and it works fine. Is there a better, more Gnusy way to
do this?

I anticipate changing from Mailbox to Maildir format in a while but
couldn't find any Info docs or place in the code which indicated this
was doable.  This seemed odd since the code knows about sending with
qmail. Am I missing something? A search of the archives turned up one
suggestion:

	(setq mail-sources '( (maildir) ))

but I couldn't find this variable in the code. Clues welcomed.

Thanks.

* Re: Gnus-5.7 with Qmail Mailbox and Maildir?
@ 1999-10-31 22:34 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-10-31 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris Shenton <chris@Thanatos.Shenton.Org> writes:

> I anticipate changing from Mailbox to Maildir format in a while but
> couldn't find any Info docs or place in the code which indicated this
> was doable.

Can you wait until Gnus 5.8 comes out?  That will have the
mail-sources variable, with support for maildir.

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.

* Re: Gnus-5.7 with Qmail Mailbox and Maildir?
@ 1999-11-07  0:21 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-11-07  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris Shenton <chris@Thanatos.Shenton.Org> writes:

> 	(setq mail-sources '( (maildir) ))
>
> but I couldn't find this variable in the code. Clues welcomed.

It's a variable in Pterodactyl Gnus.