* Wierdness with 0.80
@ 1999-03-18  4:30 Jack Twilley
From: Jack Twilley @ 1999-03-18  4:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just happened today.  No known changes, except upgrading mailcrypt.

My new news comes through, but it's almost all old news.  Here's an
example.  I had a group with 65 new messages.  I looked at them and
then used 'c' to mark them all read.  A few minutes later, instead of
1 new message, I see 66.  I go to the group, and the previous 65 are
marked with 'M', which I normally only see for my own posts.

Thoughts?
Jack.

--
Jack Twilley
jmt@nycap.rr.com

* Re: Wierdness with 0.80
@ 1999-03-28 15:15 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-03-28 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jack Twilley <jmt+usenet@nycap.rr.com> writes:

> My new news comes through, but it's almost all old news.  Here's an
> example.  I had a group with 65 new messages.  I looked at them and
> then used 'c' to mark them all read.  A few minutes later, instead of
> 1 new message, I see 66.  I go to the group, and the previous 65 are
> marked with 'M', which I normally only see for my own posts.

The "M" mark is for articles you've read before, so it makes sense
that these articles you've read before are marked as such.  But that
doesn't explain why `c' makes the number of unread articles go up.

Is this bug repeatable?