* Messages on IMAP server are somtimes disappeared when two Gnus are running in parallel
@ 2012-03-03  2:56 TSUCHIYA Masatoshi
From: TSUCHIYA Masatoshi @ 2012-03-03  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

I frequently meet the following trouble:

(1) On the system A, I read new messages on my IMAP server with Gnus.
    Gnus on the system A is kept on running.

(2) On the other system B, I can check messages on my IMAP server, but I
    cannot find messages checked on the system A.

(3) On the system A, I can see the messages which was checked at the
    first step.  Contrary, I cannot see the messages whith was checked
    on the system B at the second step.

Unfortunately, I have not identified a reproduction condition of this
trouble.  I hope that someone may give me either a solution or a hint to
identify it.

The related information are:

(a) I use the newest version of Gnus on Git master branch.

(b) My IMAP server is Dovecot 1.2.15 which is running on Debian
    GNU/Linux 6.0.4.

(c) A snippet of my Gnus configuration:

      (setq gnus-select-method `(nnimap "hostname"
				        (nnimap-stream shell)
				        (nnimap-shell-program "ssh hostname connect localhost 143")
				        (nnimap-authenticator cram-md5)))

(d) Because the largest folder on my IMAP server contains over 60000
    messages, the following code is also required.

      (setq gnus-large-newsgroup 2000)

--
TSUCHIYA Masatoshi