* Re: [gnus git]  branch master updated: =1= shr: Use aligned-to spaces to align correctly images
       [not found] <E1P5m7g-0002WC-00@quimby.gnus.org>
@ 2010-10-14 19:45 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-10-14 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Julien Danjou <julien@danjou.info> writes:

> +	(shr-tag-img): Use aligned-to spaces to align correctly images.

I don't think this, in general, will be very pretty.  The HTML says
"width=250" when it means "you should rescale the picture to 250
pixels", not that the image actually is 250 pixels wide.  Since we don't
do that, then they have a tendency to be displayed outside the buffer.

I don't thing the alignment stuff adds anything to the readability of
the texts, so I think I'm just going to remove it again.  Displaying the
images at the left in the buffer looks OK to me.

* Re: [gnus git]  branch master updated: =1= shr: Use aligned-to spaces to align correctly images
@ 2010-10-14 20:26   ` Julien Danjou
From: Julien Danjou @ 2010-10-14 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Thu, Oct 14 2010, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> I don't think this, in general, will be very pretty.  The HTML says
> "width=250" when it means "you should rescale the picture to 250
> pixels", not that the image actually is 250 pixels wide.  Since we don't
> do that, then they have a tendency to be displayed outside the buffer.

We could rescale.

> I don't thing the alignment stuff adds anything to the readability of
> the texts, so I think I'm just going to remove it again.  Displaying the
> images at the left in the buffer looks OK to me.

Sure, but I find it prettier usually. And gnus-html renders this
correctly. I don't know why/how, w3m seems smart about that. :)

But since there's no way to implement this correctly, I would not be
angry if you reverted it.

(What's this stupid idea we could render HTML in Emacs? *sigh* :-))

--
Julien Danjou
// ᐰ <julien@danjou.info>   http://julien.danjou.info

* Re: [gnus git]  branch master updated: =1= shr: Use aligned-to spaces to align correctly images
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-10-14 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Julien Danjou <julien@danjou.info> writes:

> We could rescale.

We could -- on imagemagickey Emacsen...

> Sure, but I find it prettier usually. And gnus-html renders this
> correctly. I don't know why/how, w3m seems smart about that. :)

I find it has the same problem in some of the feeds I read...

> (What's this stupid idea we could render HTML in Emacs? *sigh* :-))

:-)