To change only message.el is not enough. When I save a message to the drafts folder and edit it then, then the text properties are not set accordingly and I cannot -- for example -- add a long Cc without auto-filling. And: The read-only property of the mail-header-separator causes an error. This change a. sets the 'field property to the header again (in `gnus-draft-edit-message') b. sets inhibit-read-only to t for the erasion of the buffer. (in `gnus-draft-setup'). I tested it with GNU Emacs 21.0.106 and GNU Emacs 20.7 (both only on a tty if that matters). I'm not familiar with XEmacs, so I could not set it up appropriately to run Gnus. But I checked in the Lispref that the functions/variables I added are known to XEmacs. 'oliver -- 22 Vendémiaire an 210 de la Révolution