* Expiry of drafts
@ 2001-08-14 18:48 Nevin Kapur
From: Nevin Kapur @ 2001-08-14 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

I would like to know how the expiry of articles in nndrafts:drafts
takes place. I use nnml for all my incoming mail and I have set
nnmail-expiry-wait to a function that returns
"nnfolder:Archive-YYYY-MMM" depending on Year and Month. Hence, all my
mail gets archived in nnfolder groups.

Something weird is happening for the drafts groups though. All my
current drafts seem to land up in a group nnml:Archive-2001-Aug. I
have the following set up as drafts' group parameters:

((expiry-wait . immediate)
 (expiry-target . delete)
 (gnus-dummy
  (gnus-draft-mode))
 (gnus-use-scoring nil))

Any hints would be appreciated.

--
Nevin

* Re: Expiry of drafts
@ 2001-08-17 17:16 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-08-17 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nevin Kapur <nevin@jhu.edu> writes:

> I would like to know how the expiry of articles in nndrafts:drafts
> takes place.

There is no expiration in the drafts group.

> Something weird is happening for the drafts groups though. All my
> current drafts seem to land up in a group nnml:Archive-2001-Aug. I
> have the following set up as drafts' group parameters:
>
> ((expiry-wait . immediate)
>  (expiry-target . delete)
>  (gnus-dummy
>   (gnus-draft-mode))
>  (gnus-use-scoring nil))

Oh.  Er, unless you specify that you want expiration the drafts group,
I guess.  Why would you want that?

Anyway.  Hm.  How do you do your expiration?

* Re: Expiry of drafts
@ 2001-08-17 22:24   ` Nevin Kapur
From: Nevin Kapur @ 2001-08-17 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Nevin Kapur <nevin@jhu.edu> writes:
>
>> I would like to know how the expiry of articles in nndrafts:drafts
>> takes place.
>
> There is no expiration in the drafts group.

Oh, I didn't know that.

>> Something weird is happening for the drafts groups though. All my
>> current drafts seem to land up in a group nnml:Archive-2001-Aug. I
>> have the following set up as drafts' group parameters:
>>
>> ((expiry-wait . immediate)
>>  (expiry-target . delete)
>>  (gnus-dummy
>>   (gnus-draft-mode))
>>  (gnus-use-scoring nil))
>
> Oh.  Er, unless you specify that you want expiration the drafts group,
> I guess.  Why would you want that?

I don't. I was under the impression that there *was* expiry in drafts
and I needed to disable it. Anyway if one does want expiry and sets
the expiry-target group parameter, it is not honored.

> Anyway.  Hm.  How do you do your expiration?

I have my own function that looks at headers for each article and
decides what to do with it. In some groups I don't want expiry and I
disable it in them with group parameters.

--
Nevin