* Re: "*Summary nnml:..." and new mail (#2)
       [not found] <ydy7lkkikql.fsf@dizzy.mcom.com>
@ 1999-10-18 19:58 ` David S. Goldberg
       [not found]   ` <ydyg0z8qjri.fsf@dizzy.mcom.com>
From: David S. Goldberg @ 1999-10-18 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does M-g not do what you want?

     M-g runs `gnus-summary-rescan-group'

     `gnus-summary-rescan-group' is an interactive compiled Lisp function
     -- loaded from "gnus-sum.elc"
     (gnus-summary-rescan-group &optional ALL)

     Exit the newsgroup, ask for new articles, and select the newsgroup.
--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B325\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-11-06 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Prabhat Keni <pkeni@netscape.com> writes:

> I have threading turned off in some nnml group and the function I had in
> mind would fetch new mail and simply append one summary line per new
> message to the summary buffer (w/o disturbing it otherwise).

Most people have threading switched on, which means that the buffer
really does have to be regenerated when you scan in new mail (in
general).  So I don't think this will be generally useful.

However, implementing this should be no biggie.  Just rescan, find out
what the new messages are, and then go over the new article numbers
and call `gnus-summary-goto-article' on them to insert them in the
summary buffer.