* XFaces, smileys
@ 1999-05-05  8:52 Norbert Koch
From: Norbert Koch @ 1999-05-05  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I've, uhm, changed my working environment to WinNT. Now, I still would
like to see the XFace-header and smileys. This doesn't work out which
is a bad thing, sort of.

I only see xfaces, if I toggle the header, but not per default.

WRT smileys the problem begins with smiley-buffer.

1. it asks for (featurep 'x).
   I've changed this to (or (featurep 'x) (featurep 'mswindows))

2. the translation is done now, but no glyph is displayed (what's the
   reason for that? All necessary features seem to be included).

   The situation is even worse, since I get neither the smiley-glyph
   nor its textual representation :-(

BTW, treaty variables are set as

(setq gnus-treat-display-smileys t
      gnus-treat-display-xface 'head)