* New MIME functionality
@ 1998-09-11 18:26 Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1998-09-11 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bugs

I'm baffled by the new MIME functionality.  The buttons are showing up
OK, but I see no way to do anything with them.  Pressing the right
mouse button doesn't do anything useful (all hail easymenu!), and
pressing button2 does something completely random; sometimes it hides
the attachment, sometimes it rearranges the stuff in the message,
sometimes it switches to the *Group* buffer (?), etc.

I can try to send out a more detailed report, but first I'd like to
know if it works for anyone else?

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia
--------------------------------+--------------------------------

* Re: New MIME functionality
@ 1998-09-11 21:18 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-09-11 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding, bugs

  Hrvoje> I'm baffled by the new MIME functionality.  The buttons are
  Hrvoje> showing up OK, but I see no way to do anything with them.
  Hrvoje> Pressing the right mouse button doesn't do anything useful
  Hrvoje> (all hail easymenu!), and pressing button2 does something
  Hrvoje> completely random; sometimes it hides the attachment,
  Hrvoje> sometimes it rearranges the stuff in the message, sometimes
  Hrvoje> it switches to the *Group* buffer (?), etc.

Lemme guess what Lars did.  If it's a multipart/mixed message and a
part is being shown inline (like text/plain), then clicking the button
hides/unhides the part.  If it's not inline, then clicking the button
`plays' (or views) the part.  If it's a multipart/alternative, then
clicking the button cycles through the alternatives.  Dunno if that's
right, though.

kai
--
OOP: object oriented programming;  OOPS: object oriented mistakes

* Re: New MIME functionality
@ 1998-09-12  6:18 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-09-12  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> writes:

> I'm baffled by the new MIME functionality.  The buttons are showing up
> OK, but I see no way to do anything with them.  Pressing the right
> mouse button doesn't do anything useful (all hail easymenu!), and
> pressing button2 does something completely random; sometimes it hides
> the attachment, sometimes it rearranges the stuff in the message,
> sometimes it switches to the *Group* buffer (?), etc.

mouse-2 toggles showing the MIME part...  It works for me on parts
like image/gif and text/html.  Other parts may be a bit wonky still.