* Need clarification on Message-ID ident as described in Info
@ 2004-02-11 15:21 Cheng Gao
From: Cheng Gao @ 2004-02-11 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

In Gnus Info, under Scoring->Followups to Yourself, last lines are:

Whether it's the first two or first three characters that are "yours"
is system-dependent.

Under my Gentoo Linux, I found my ident is 87, the first two characters.

But under Windows, I found it's only the first character. It's No Gnus 0.2
under CVS Emacs build from http://www.crasseux.com/ .

Can someone else confirm this?

Best Regards,

Cheng Gao

--
No God blessing me
No Dog barking at me

* Re: Need clarification on Message-ID ident as described in Info
@ 2004-05-16 18:47 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2004-05-16 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Cheng Gao <chenggao@cyberhut.org> writes:

> But under Windows, I found it's only the first character.

Does Windows have users at all?

* Re: Need clarification on Message-ID ident as described in Info
@ 2004-05-17  7:01   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2004-05-17  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Cheng Gao <chenggao@cyberhut.org> writes:
>> But under Windows, I found it's only the first character.

> Does Windows have users at all?

Win95/Win98/WinMW, sort of, but not really.

WinNT/Win2k/WinXP, yes, really.