* Control-G to kill mailcap program?
@ 2004-01-18  6:38 Lloyd Zusman
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 2004-01-18  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have the following line in my mailcap file (the one that Gnus uses):

  image/*; /usr/bin/display %s

When I receive a message with image attachments, they're buttonized, and
when I select any of them, the /usr/bin/display program properly
displays them.

However, the only way I can get rid of one of these displayed images is
to give that image focus, and then to issue the keystroke or menu
selection that causes the "display" program to quit.

I remember that some time ago in Gnus, I could hit Control-G from the
Gnus window, and it would cause a signal to get set to the
image-displaying program, thereby killing it.  But that doesn't work
these days.

I know that this isn't a function of the "display" program, itself.  The
same thing happens no matter what program I use to display the image.

Is there some configuration setting for Gnus that will cause it to send
a signal to the image-display program when Control-G is typed?

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com