Jesper Harder writes: > deskpot@myrealbox.com (Vasily Korytov) writes: > >> I was annoyed, message-user-mail-address function uses the >> user-mail-address variable only. It may be desireable in some cases to >> have it derived from the From header (esp, in the >> message-send-mail-with-sendmail function). > > Two questions: > > * Why not do it in `message-make-address' instead, which appears to be > the function used directly in the sendmail related code? Following up to myself: I think it would be cleaner not to overload the meaning of `message-*-address', but use a different function/option for the /envelope from/ instead. It's only because of the envelope from you want it, right? How about something like this?