* followup bug
@ 2001-08-23 17:57 Vladimir Volovich
From: Vladimir Volovich @ 2001-08-23 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

i received a message of multipart/alternative, with text and html
alternatives.

The message fontained "From:", "To:" and "Cc:" headers; From: is not
my email; To: is my email, Cc: is not my email.

When i gnus-summary-followup-with-original (F) to that message,
i get the correct result:

From: my email
To: the "From:" email of the origimal message
Cc: the "Cc:" email of the oroginal message

But when i first C-d the message, select the text part, and then
gnus-summary-followup-with-original (F), i get

From: my email
To: the "From:" email of the origimal message, my email again

and no Cc. i.e., ny email is incorrectly added to To:, and the email
which was in the Cc of the original message is lost.

Best,
v.

* Re: followup bug
@ 2001-08-24 14:01 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-08-24 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vladimir Volovich <vvv@vsu.ru> writes:

> But when i first C-d the message, select the text part, and then
> gnus-summary-followup-with-original (F), i get
>
> From: my email
> To: the "From:" email of the origimal message, my email again

The default with nndoc groups is to inherit the `to-address' parameter
from the parent message.  It's a feature, but I don't know how
reasonable that feature is in the presence of rfc822 messages and the
like.

If you want to respond to the headers you actually see, you have to go
to the article buffer and use `M-x message-wide-reply' directly.