* automake, latest CVS.
@ 2001-08-16 18:20 Mattias Ahnberg
From: Mattias Ahnberg @ 2001-08-16 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Something seems to be broken.

  [20:18:50] ahnberg@probe:~/t/gnus$ automake
  automake: configure.in: `PACKAGE' not defined in configure.in
  automake: configure.in: `VERSION' not defined in configure.in
  automake: configure.in: required file `./missing' not found
  automake: no `Makefile.am' found or specified
  [20:18:54] ahnberg@probe:~/t/gnus$

/ahnberg.

* Re: automake, latest CVS.
@ 2001-08-16 19:39 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-08-16 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Mattias Ahnberg <mattias@ahnberg.pp.se> writes:

> Something seems to be broken.
>
>   [20:18:50] ahnberg@probe:~/t/gnus$ automake
>   automake: configure.in: `PACKAGE' not defined in configure.in
>   automake: configure.in: `VERSION' not defined in configure.in
>   automake: configure.in: required file `./missing' not found
>   automake: no `Makefile.am' found or specified
>   [20:18:54] ahnberg@probe:~/t/gnus$

Maybe Gnus doesn't use `automake'?

Also, a `configure' script should be checked into CVS, so you don't
even need to run `autoconf' unless you've patched configure.in.

* Re: automake, latest CVS.
@ 2001-08-16 20:56   ` Mattias Ahnberg
From: Mattias Ahnberg @ 2001-08-16 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

>> "SJ" == Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> writes:

SJ> Maybe Gnus doesn't use `automake'?

You are very right. autoconf was the command I looked for, I am just
being stupid again. *sigh* I should think before I post. :) Thanks.