* deja/google usenet archive
@ 2001-02-13 19:44 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2001-02-13 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Since google acquired the usenet archives of deja com, our, or at
least my, G w fucntions have gone in the hole.

Any one tackling this already or is it going to just not work anymore?

* Re: deja/google usenet archive
@ 2001-02-13 19:46 ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 2001-02-13 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

At the least, give Google a month or so, for their now-under-development
interface to stabilize.  See notes at bottom of Google/Deja search page.

* Re: deja/google usenet archive
@ 2001-02-13 20:39   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2001-02-13 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl Kleinpaste <karl@charcoal.com> writes:

> At the least, give Google a month or so, for their now-under-development
> interface to stabilize.  See notes at bottom of Google/Deja search page.

Karl,
Well there hype in the news release would lead one to believe there
usenet search is `powerful' and new.

Have you noticed that the beta usenet search tools (of google) are a
pale shadow of what deja had going.  It does give kind of a nifty
search.

I saw their notes, but don't believe it should take so long to get a
serious search interface assembled.  Right now it only involves their
own data base (6 mnths)