I mean, I don't edit or annotate mail messages at all, but I know some people who do that extensively. (Hi, François!) Wouldn't it be really nice if you could edit/annotate any text in any article buffer? You read an article in some newsgroup, and there's some useful stuff in there, so you start editing it and inserting stuff here and there in the article. But you want to know which parts you wrote and which parts were in the original article, no? And it just now occurred to me that RCS would perhaps be the right thing here. The Meta-Edit command would pull the article down into the cache, and when you edit it, you just commit your edits to the cached version of the article. When reading the article, Gnus would check the latest version out, but have a special viewer that would colorize the contributions from different people differently. And, and... Er. Anyway. -- (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.) larsi@gnus.org * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen