* Re: Using username and password to log into a nntp server
@ 2000-07-03 12:34 ` Norbert Koch
From: Norbert Koch @ 2000-07-03 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com> writes:

> Is there any way to pass gnus a username and password to use with a
> specific news server?

See C-h i Gnus -> Getting News -> NNTP

There's an entry about authinfo

norbert
--
My mind is a potato field...

* Using username and password to log into a nntp server
@ 2000-07-03 12:34 Jorge Godoy
From: Jorge Godoy @ 2000-07-03 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

Is there any way to pass gnus a username and password to use with a
specific news server?

Thanks!
--
Godoy.	<godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações
Publishing Department                   Conectiva S.A.

* Re: Using username and password to log into a nntp server
@ 2000-07-03 12:46   ` Jorge Godoy
From: Jorge Godoy @ 2000-07-03 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Norbert Koch <nk@LF.net> writes:

> Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com> writes:
>
> > Is there any way to pass gnus a username and password to use with a
> > specific news server?
>
> See C-h i Gnus -> Getting News -> NNTP
>
> There's an entry about authinfo

Thanks, but...

I've read it... And it isn't working... :-)
Maybe they blocked all external access to this server...
I haven't tested it before because telnet to the server worked 'til
last week :-)

Thanks!