* score rule for stopping fdjg.com spam
@ 1999-08-17 13:04 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 1999-08-17 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

At lot of spam has appeared with a garbage from address that looks
like the results of moving fingers randomly across the keyboard, a
subject that declares something, followed by a number.

Eg.
        "phpnkn@dfgj.com" and "Experiment of the FUTURE!  1006"
and
        "huitzq@dfgj.com" and "ACT OF DEFLORATION!  9720"

Is there enough of a pattern to these spam postings that one could
kill them once and for all?

Just a thought.

* Re: score rule for stopping fdjg.com spam
@ 1999-08-17 20:03 ` Stainless Steel Rat
From: Stainless Steel Rat @ 1999-08-17 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ When not in use, Happy Fun Ball should be
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ returned to its special container and

* Re: score rule for stopping fdjg.com spam
@ 1999-08-19 10:29   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 1999-08-19 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

> What I do is split known mailing lists first, then a list of known
> spam domains (all of which appear to be out of business these days
> :), mail from daemon and cron, mail addressed specifically to me,
> and finally everything else into the spam bucket.  These days more
> spam slips through into my regular mail folder, but moving it with
> `B m' is easy.

I have the same approach.

But with `B m', note the rendering annoyance that prompted the start
of the thread with the Subject
        article selected when doing B m

However, I was thinking of USENET, rather than mail for this
particular score rule.