* Group buffer not updated for mail groups
@ 1999-03-03  1:45 Dmitry Yaitskov
From: Dmitry Yaitskov @ 1999-03-03  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Some days ago I wrote about a problem I was having - after a 'g' in
the group buffer, some mail groups did not have their new messages
counters updated, and those counters were updated only after another
'g'. Here's some more info: I have three pop accounts. Seems like this
happens not for specific mail groups, rather for mail fetched from
all accounts after the first one. So, if I have:

(setq nnmail-spool-file
	  '((pop :server "mail.1.com"
			 :user "me"
			 :port "pop3"
			 :password "secret1")
		(pop :server "mail.2.com"
			 :user "me-too"
			 :port "pop3"
			 :password "secret2")
		(pop :server "mail.3.com"
			 :user "still-me"
			 :port "pop3"
			 :password "secret3")))

then mail fetched from mail.1.com would show immediately, whereas mail
fetched from mail.2.com & mail.3.com would show up in the Group buffer
only after another check for new news/mail. Does it make any sense?

--
Cheers,
-Dima.

* Re: Group buffer not updated for mail groups
@ 1999-03-03 18:19 ` Dmitry Yaitskov
From: Dmitry Yaitskov @ 1999-03-03 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dmitry Yaitskov <dimas@home.com> spake thusly:

> Hi,
>
> Some days ago I wrote about a problem I was having - after a 'g' in
> the group buffer, some mail groups did not have their new messages
> counters updated, and those counters were updated only after another
> 'g'. Here's some more info: I have three pop accounts. Seems like this
> happens not for specific mail groups, rather for mail fetched from
> all accounts after the first one. So, if I have:
>
> (setq nnmail-spool-file
> 	  '((pop :server "mail.1.com"
> 			 :user "me"
> 			 :port "pop3"
> 			 :password "secret1")
> 		(pop :server "mail.2.com"
> 			 :user "me-too"
> 			 :port "pop3"
> 			 :password "secret2")
> 		(pop :server "mail.3.com"
> 			 :user "still-me"
> 			 :port "pop3"
> 			 :password "secret3")))
>
> then mail fetched from mail.1.com would show immediately, whereas mail
> fetched from mail.2.com & mail.3.com would show up in the Group buffer
> only after another check for new news/mail. Does it make any sense?

Correction. Seems like only mail received from the *last* server does
not make it to the Group buffer immediately.

--

@ 1999-03-03 19:11   ` Bruce Stephens
From: Bruce Stephens @ 1999-03-03 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dmitry Yaitskov <dimas@home.com> writes:

> Correction. Seems like only mail received from the *last* server does
> not make it to the Group buffer immediately.

I've got a related problem.  My mail groups are at level 1, and the
other groups are at level 3.  "C-u 2 g" used to read in just the new
email messages, but now it doesn't seem to.  Some messages flicker by
on the status line, but nothing else happens, even though there are
new messages.

* Re: Group buffer not updated for mail groups
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-03-04  1:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bruce Stephens <bruce@cenderis.demon.co.uk> writes:

> I've got a related problem.  My mail groups are at level 1, and the
> other groups are at level 3.  "C-u 2 g" used to read in just the new
> email messages, but now it doesn't seem to.

Yup.  Fix in Pterodactyl Gnus v0.80.

* Mail left in .emacs-mail-crash-box - still in v0.80
@ 1999-03-04  5:14   ` Dmitry Yaitskov
From: Dmitry Yaitskov @ 1999-03-04  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

The bug is still there in Gnus v0.80 - mail fetched from the last pop
server in nnmail-spool-file list is left in .emacs-mail-crash-box
instead of being delivered to groups.

--
Cheers,
-Dima.

* Re: Mail left in .emacs-mail-crash-box - still in v0.80
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-03-05 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dmitry Yaitskov <dimas@home.com> writes:

> The bug is still there in Gnus v0.80 - mail fetched from the last pop
> server in nnmail-spool-file list is left in .emacs-mail-crash-box
> instead of being delivered to groups.

Hm.  Anyone have a fix for this?