* Using the nngateway posting method
       [not found] <57755205@dev.east.frontiercorp.com>
@ 1998-04-24 13:27 ` Eduard Martinesu
From: Eduard Martinesu @ 1998-04-24 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
        I would like to setup a subset of groups from a server to
        use a mail-gateway for posting.  This is NOT because they
        are actuall mailing lists, but because the news server that
        I am using does not allow posts to those groups directly.

        I have tried adding (nngateway "gatewaybox") to my
        gnus-post-methods, but I am never presented with the
        gateway as an option on posting....

        This is using GNUS V5.6.4

                        Thanks for you help,
                                Ed

NOTE:  This is a strange setup.. We are receving our news through a
firewall to a DNEWS server.  Some of the groups are from our OWN ISP
on the otherside of the firewall.  In order to not let people mistakenly
post to those groups from within the corporate network, posting is
turned off.  However, by using the firewall as a mail gateway, you
can post those groups if you really want to...

--
 Eduard Martinescu	      eduard_martinescu@frontiercorp.com
 Sr. Software Engineer		  -or-  martines@frontiernet.net

* Re: Using the nngateway posting method
@ 1998-04-25 13:10   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-04-25 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eduard Martinesu <Eduard_Martinescu@frontiercorp.com> writes:

>         I would like to setup a subset of groups from a server to
>         use a mail-gateway for posting.  This is NOT because they
>         are actuall mailing lists, but because the news server that
>         I am using does not allow posts to those groups directly.
>
>         I have tried adding (nngateway "gatewaybox") to my
>         gnus-post-methods, but I am never presented with the
>         gateway as an option on posting....

nngateway wasn't marked as post-mail.  Fix in Gnus v5.6.6.