* Odd formatting (was: proposal to make null string handling more emacs-y)
       [not found]                 ` <CAGtm15ntnkSBNiLeSYCQ8OUm+oQNA0NqZxvqeT1TGwPJjjwqgw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2012-04-29 21:26                   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-04-29 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Yegge; +Cc: ding, emacs-devel

Steve Yegge <steve.yegge@gmail.com> writes:

> I agree with you. Fortunately that's not what I'm arguing. I'm arguing
> that
> for a very specific corner of the type system, we merge two separate
> meanings of nil. I'm arguing that the empty string as it is used today
> is,
> for all intents, just another nil. So it should not signal an error if
> they are
> treated the same.

Totally off topic, I was looking at how strange your messages are
rendering and wondering whether the mail reader was interpreting your
messages incorrectly or something.  But here's the (sort of) raw source
of that text:

(This is the text/html part of the multipart message you send.)

So your mail reader is wrapping (apparently) random parts of the text in
elements (which is quite normal, I think).

You're posting through Gmail, so I expect to see a lot more of this kind
of stuff in the future.

Does anybody know why Gmail is doing this, and what shr should be doing
to this, er, stuff to render it properly?  I can't see any hints in the
source of the message that these <div>s are supposed to be
non-block-level elements, but perhaps I'm missing something...

* Re: Odd formatting
@ 2012-04-30  7:48                     ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2012-04-30  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: ding

> Totally off topic, I was looking at how strange your messages are
> rendering and wondering whether the mail reader was interpreting your
> messages incorrectly or something.  But here's the (sort of) raw source
> of that text:

> (This is the text/html part of the multipart message you send.)

Note that the text/plain version of the message is foramatted exactly
like the bit you quoted.

* Re: Odd formatting
@ 2012-04-30 10:14                       ` Antoine Levitt
From: Antoine Levitt @ 2012-04-30 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: ding

30/04/12 09:48, Steinar Bang

>> Totally off topic, I was looking at how strange your messages are
>> rendering and wondering whether the mail reader was interpreting your
>> messages incorrectly or something.  But here's the (sort of) raw source
>> of that text:

>> (This is the text/html part of the multipart message you send.)
>
> Note that the text/plain version of the message is foramatted exactly
> like the bit you quoted.

Looks like he's writing his email in emacs, with emacs wrapping, and
then pasting it into gmail, which then adds further (and different)
wrapping. Not much gnus can do, I think.