From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
To: Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de>
Cc: ding@lists.math.uh.edu
Subject: Re: Prevent freezing when having bad connection?
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 15:52:48 +0100	[thread overview]

> Please note: for me, C-g doesn't break it, never, even if I wait for
> several minutes.

Right, so Emacs hangs completely.  So it seems these are two different
bugs.

> Lars, my last question was: is it ok to mimic a bad connection by
> unplugging the USB stick?  Or is this a different case?

It's difficult to say.  Network connection problems are notoriously
difficult to emulate easily.  When you unplug the USB stick, the OS is
usually notified, and can do...  stuff.  Most network problems are,
however, that traffic is just goes missing somewhere, so you have to
fiddle with firewall rules to mimic it.

But if the USB stick removal thing reliably hangs your Emacs for you,
that's a good way to test things.