* RSS problem: Symbol's value as variable is void: mm-extra-numeric-entities
@ 2012-03-09 21:31 Johnny
From: Johnny @ 2012-03-09 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

I am recently getting the following error message for several of my
RSS-feeds in Gnus:

,----
| mm-url-decode-entities-nbsp: Symbol's value as variable is void: mm-extra-numeric-entities
`----

I have unsuccessfully tried to locate a source and deleted the old files
in the nnrss-directory, but this doesn't help. If I kill the RSS and
re-add it, the error persists, so I suspect it resides in some file, but
don't know where to look.

Any help please?

Thanks!

--
Johnny
No Gnus v0.18

* Re: RSS problem: Symbol's value as variable is void: mm-extra-numeric-entities
@ 2012-03-10  0:12 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-03-10  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johnny; +Cc: ding

Johnny <yggdrasil@gmx.co.uk> writes:

> | mm-url-decode-entities-nbsp: Symbol's value as variable is void:
> mm-extra-numeric-entities

My guess is that you have an old version of mm-util.el in your load path
somewhere.  `M-x list-load-path-shadows' should tell you where.

* Re: RSS problem: Symbol's value as variable is void: mm-extra-numeric-entities
@ 2012-03-10  9:26   ` Johnny
From: Johnny @ 2012-03-10  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: ding

> Johnny <yggdrasil@gmx.co.uk> writes:
>
>> | mm-url-decode-entities-nbsp: Symbol's value as variable is void:
>> mm-extra-numeric-entities
>
> My guess is that you have an old version of mm-util.el in your load path
> somewhere.  `M-x list-load-path-shadows' should tell you where.

There was one hidden mm-utils.el in the default emacs directory
hidden by one in my gnus directory. However, it doesn't help to remove
that file, the behaviour persists. The error only appears for a few RSS
feeds I have subscribed, the others work, as well as any newly added
RSSs.

Thanks for your ideas!

--
Johnny

* Re: RSS problem: Symbol's value as variable is void: mm-extra-numeric-entities
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-03-10 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johnny; +Cc: ding

>>> mm-extra-numeric-entities

[...]

> There was one hidden mm-utils.el in the default emacs directory
> hidden by one in my gnus directory. However, it doesn't help to remove
> that file, the behaviour persists. The error only appears for a few RSS
> feeds I have subscribed, the others work, as well as any newly added
> RSSs.

It the variable is still void, that means that you have other
mm-util.el(c) files shadowing the file that you're supposed to use.