* Why is message-signature nil?
@ 2010-09-27 10:40 Gary
From: Gary @ 2010-09-27 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

,----
| message-signature is a variable defined in `message.el'.
| Its value is nil
| Local in buffer *posting on gmane.emacs.gnus.general*; global value is t
`----

Okay. But why? I don't set it (explicitly) to nil. Is there something
about gnus-posting-styles I should know (like, does it set it to nil)?

* Re: Why is message-signature nil?
@ 2010-09-27 16:33 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-09-27 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Gary <gnus@garydjones.name> writes:

> [Quoted text removed due to X-No-Archive]

If `message-signature' is nil, it's unlikely to have gotten that way
without you setting it somewhere.  Have a look in all your init files.

* Re: Why is message-signature nil?
@ 2010-09-28  6:30   ` Gary
From: Gary @ 2010-09-28  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> If `message-signature' is nil, it's unlikely to have gotten that way
> without you setting it somewhere.  Have a look in all your init files.

That was the first thing I did. I was wondering if there was something
else I might be setting or calling which might have that effect.

* Re: Why is message-signature nil?
@ 2010-09-28  7:00     ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2010-09-28  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Gary wrote:
> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

>> If `message-signature' is nil, it's unlikely to have gotten that way
>> without you setting it somewhere.  Have a look in all your init files.

> That was the first thing I did. I was wondering if there was something
> else I might be setting or calling which might have that effect.

How about `mail-signature'?  In Gnus v5.13 (not No Gnus),
`message-signature' defaults to the value of `mail-signature',
of which the default value is t.

* Re: Why is message-signature nil?
@ 2010-09-28  8:49       ` Gary
From: Gary @ 2010-09-28  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)