On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:21:07 -0500 Ted Zlatanov wrote: tz> Maybe you can put an IMAP server (Courier/dovecot) in front of the tz> Maildir? Having to run an IMAP server to be able to cleanly reread a folder in Gnus seems a bit excessive, imho. GCFG> b) Is there a way to select one of the articles on its Message-ID GCFG> quickly? tz> Not currently in core Gnus. The gnus-registry knows where an tz> article is, once you visit a group (it notices each article's tz> message ID), but doesn't remember the article number. So you can tz> write code that will go to that group and find the message ID, or tz> you (and I) can extend the gnus-registry to remember the article tz> number as well. The registry wouldn't help, because the articles are thrown in by mairix dynamically. So they are not going through Gnus. What we'd need to do is enter the group, and then activate the first article that matches a search in the header fields, I guess, but I'm wondering which would be the best candidate to use for this. My best bet right now would be (gnus-summary-select-article nil t t (car (gnus-find-matching-articles "message-id" msgid))) to select and display the message with the appropriate id. Regards, Georg -- Georg C. F. Greve Free Software Foundation Europe (http://fsfeurope.org) Join the Fellowship and protect your freedom! (http://www.fsfe.org) What everyone should know about DRM (http://DRM.info)