And when I did M-d on a mail already marked with "O", I got exactly the same result as spam1-debug-statement above. Therefore, I guess something deletes spam mark on a mail previously marked with "O" when I exit the summary buffer. But I have no idea what it is. Ted> Again, sorry that I can't find the problem, but it's happening Ted> only for you, so you have to do the hard work :) You are not sorry. I really appreciate your help. :-) >> What does "33" mean? ham? Ted> (format "%c" 33) Ted> to find the visual representation of any mark. Thank you very much for teaching me so much. -- Kohkichi Hosoda E-mail address: khosoda@venus.dti.ne.jp http://www.venus.dti.ne.jp/~khosoda/Enlightenment.html