* [GMANE]: question about gnus on gmane
@ 2004-03-06 21:31 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2004-03-06 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have a simple question. I am now posting/reading to ding using the
excellent gmane service.

Problem gnus in gmane is quite big (more than 50 thousand articles).

I have asked my agent to cache 10000 articles (yeah it is too many but
it was a test to see how all worked). Problem is then I want to visit
my gnus group, I still have to answer to the question 'how many ...'.

I know this is normal but it would be cool if I could tell gnus
not to ask how many articles it can fetch since it is higly likely I
won't fetch the first 40000 articles.

Is there a simple way to say so with gnus (ie. force gnus to forget
about very old articles) ?

Thank you

zeDek
--
.o.                     | zedek (at) gnu-rox.org
..o Hacker Wonderland   |

* Re: [GMANE]: question about gnus on gmane
@ 2004-05-16 14:50 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2004-05-16 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:

> I have asked my agent to cache 10000 articles (yeah it is too many but
> it was a test to see how all worked). Problem is then I want to visit
> my gnus group, I still have to answer to the question 'how many ...'.

Unless you've told Gnus to fetch all the headers all the time, it
should just fetch the new articles.  Which means that you won't get
asked the question.