* Error while entering an nnimap group
@ 2002-11-26 17:07 Nevin Kapur
From: Nevin Kapur @ 2002-11-26 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've noticed recently that entering a particular group for the first
time gives the following error.  If hit RET again, I am able to enter
the group just fine.

Signaling: (wrong-type-argument number-char-or-marker-p nil)
  gnus-agent-save-alist("nnimap+fastmail:INBOX" (22) nil)
  gnus-agent-retrieve-headers((22) "nnimap+fastmail:INBOX" nil)
  gnus-retrieve-headers((22) "nnimap+fastmail:INBOX" nil)
  gnus-cache-retrieve-headers((22) "nnimap+fastmail:INBOX" nil)
  gnus-retrieve-headers((22) "nnimap+fastmail:INBOX" nil)
  gnus-fetch-headers((22))
  gnus-select-newsgroup("nnimap+fastmail:INBOX" nil nil)
  gnus-summary-read-group-1("nnimap+fastmail:INBOX" nil t nil nil nil)
  gnus-summary-read-group("nnimap+fastmail:INBOX" nil t nil nil nil nil)
  gnus-group-read-group(nil t)
  gnus-group-select-group(nil)
  gnus-topic-select-group(nil)
  call-interactively(gnus-topic-select-group)

-Nevin

* Re: Error while entering an nnimap group
@ 2002-11-29 15:59 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-11-29 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nevin Kapur <nevin@jhu.edu> writes:

> I've noticed recently that entering a particular group for the first
> time gives the following error.  If hit RET again, I am able to enter
> the group just fine.
>
> Signaling: (wrong-type-argument number-char-or-marker-p nil)
>   gnus-agent-save-alist("nnimap+fastmail:INBOX" (22) nil)

I just tried to reproduce this, by using `G m' to create a new nnimap
group, then using `C-u a' from the group buffer to post an article
into it, then using `RET' to enter the group.

This did not produce any error.

Do you know what I can do to reproduce the error?  Can you reproduce
it?

If I can't reproduce it, could you investigate where the problem
comes from?  Position point inside the function definition of
gnus-agent-save-alist, then type M-x edebug-defun RET, then reproduce
the error.  You will see that Emacs shows you the function and then
you can use SPC to single-step through it.  What happens when you do
that?

* Re: Error while entering an nnimap group
@ 2002-12-02  4:51   ` Nevin Kapur
From: Nevin Kapur @ 2002-12-02  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Nevin Kapur <nevin@jhu.edu> writes:
>
>> I've noticed recently that entering a particular group for the first
>> time gives the following error.  If hit RET again, I am able to enter
>> the group just fine.
>>
>> Signaling: (wrong-type-argument number-char-or-marker-p nil)
>>   gnus-agent-save-alist("nnimap+fastmail:INBOX" (22) nil)

[...]

> Do you know what I can do to reproduce the error?  Can you reproduce
> it?

I could, on the day that I posted the message, but today, I can't.
The error only occurred on a particular group.

> If I can't reproduce it, could you investigate where the problem
> comes from?  Position point inside the function definition of
> gnus-agent-save-alist, then type M-x edebug-defun RET, then reproduce
> the error.  You will see that Emacs shows you the function and then
> you can use SPC to single-step through it.  What happens when you do
> that?

I will try this the next time the error occurs.

-Nevin