tkoelman@xs4all.nl (Tom Koelman) writes: > Jesper Harder wrote: > >> tkoelman@xs4all.nl (Tom Koelman) writes: >> >>> On inspection of the reply I noticed that it didn't have its >>> References header set, but did have a header called In-Reply_To: >>> with the correct message-id. >>> >>> Is there some way to make gnus use this information? >> >> Hmm, I would have thought Gnus already does it. > > You are right, thanks. > I had set gnus-summary-thread-gathering-function to > gnus-gather-threads-by-references. When I turned that off the thread > was gathered nicely. Hmm, I think this patch should make work with gnus-gather-threads-by-references, too: