Ok, I updated to a newer XEmacs (21.5.4) and ran ELP on gnus with my 44000+ nnml folder for the Linux kernel, but I need some help understanding what these results indicate. To generate them, I: started XEmacs instrumented gnus (elp-instrument-package) loaded gnus (M-x gnus) hid empty topics listed all topics entered linux-kernel nnml folder exited back to *Group* buffer Are profiling results cumulative for an Emacs/XEmacs session? -IPmonger -- ------------------ IPmonger ipmonger@delamancha.org CCIE #8338