* How to forward/digest lots of messages?
@ 2001-01-02 21:28 Jack Twilley
From: Jack Twilley @ 2001-01-02 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a string of fifty to sixty emails in different groups that I'd
like to digestify and mail to someone.  What's the best way to do
this?  S O m only works if the process-marked messages are in the
current group.

Jack.
--
Jack Twilley
jmt at tbe dot net

* Re: How to forward/digest lots of messages?
@ 2001-01-03 12:22 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-01-03 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 02 Jan 2001, Jack Twilley wrote:

> I have a string of fifty to sixty emails in different groups that
> I'd like to digestify and mail to someone.  What's the best way to
> do this?  S O m only works if the process-marked messages are in the
> current group.

There might be a command now which allows you to select an article in
a summary buffer then attach it to a currently composed message.  Not
sure about this, though.

Otherwise, you'll have to copy the articles to a scratch group, then
`S O m' from there.  Hm.

(You could also save them to a file with `O m' or so, then `G f' that
file, rather than creating a scratch group.)

kai
--
~/.signature

* Re: How to forward/digest lots of messages?
@ 2001-01-03 12:29   ` Paul Stevenson
From: Paul Stevenson @ 2001-01-03 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 02 Jan 2001, Jack Twilley wrote:
>
> > I have a string of fifty to sixty emails in different groups that
> > I'd like to digestify and mail to someone.  What's the best way to
> > do this?  S O m only works if the process-marked messages are in the
> > current group.
>
> There might be a command now which allows you to select an article in
> a summary buffer then attach it to a currently composed message.  Not
> sure about this, though.
>
> Otherwise, you'll have to copy the articles to a scratch group, then
> `S O m' from there.  Hm.

How about a virtual group? This might be an acceptable solution if the
emails are split across only a couple of groups.  I assume you can
then process-mark anything in the virtual group concurrently.

--
I dream in beige

* Re: How to forward/digest lots of messages?
@ 2001-01-03 12:58     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-01-03 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Of course, a virtual group is also possible.  Maybe even an nnkiboze
group?

kai
--
~/.signature

* nndoc backend question
@ 2001-01-03 14:37   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2001-01-03 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

> (You could also save them to a file with `O m' or so, then `G f' that
> file, rather than creating a scratch group.)

I find G f a pain, because you can't delete the groups it creates with
G del, you can only unsubscribe from them ("this backend does not
support group deletion").  Right now, I have taken to manually editing
the newsrc.eld file to fix this, but is there a better way?

Thanks
--
Teodor Zlatanov <tzz@northernlight.com>
"Brevis oratio penetrat colos, longa potatio evacuat ciphos." -Rabelais

* Re: nndoc backend question
@ 2001-01-03 14:48     ` Didier Verna
From: Didier Verna @ 2001-01-03 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@northernlight.com> wrote:

> Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>
> > (You could also save them to a file with `O m' or so, then `G f' that
> > file, rather than creating a scratch group.)
>
> I find G f a pain, because you can't delete the groups it creates with
> G del, you can only unsubscribe from them ("this backend does not
> support group deletion").  Right now, I have taken to manually editing
> the newsrc.eld file to fix this, but is there a better way?

        Doesn't C-k do the thing ?

--
    /     /   _   _       Didier Verna        http://www.inf.enst.fr/~verna/
 - / / - / / /_/ /        EPITA / LRDE         mailto:didier@lrde.epita.fr

* Re: nndoc backend question
@ 2001-01-03 15:13       ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2001-01-03 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Didier Verna <didier@xemacs.org> writes:

> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@northernlight.com> wrote:
> > I find G f a pain, because you can't delete the groups it creates with
> > G del, you can only unsubscribe from them ("this backend does not
> > support group deletion").  Right now, I have taken to manually editing
> > the newsrc.eld file to fix this, but is there a better way?
>
>         Doesn't C-k do the thing ?

I was used to G del, which is gnus-group-delete-group, but C-k,
gnus-topic-kill-group, does do the right thing.  Thank you.

The manual and the functions' documentation don't mention the
difference between the two functions.  Maybe under the Foreign Groups
node entry for gnus-group-delete-group this should be mentioned.