* Uncomplete group list in virtual cache server
@ 1999-11-24  9:05 Lionel Vidal
From: Lionel Vidal @ 1999-11-24  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I have just tried to create a new virtual server to access
my news cache: I followed the info file example and edit
the server properties as:

     (nnspool "cache"
              (nnspool-spool-directory "~/News/cache/")
              (nnspool-nov-directory "~/News/cache/")
              (nnspool-active-file "~/News/cache/active"))

But then when I enter the server I see only one group on the five
or so present there.  I looked at the active file, and indeed just
one group is listed there.

Is there a mean to regenerate an correct active file?
Why is not the active always updated when I press * on an article?

I use pgnus 0.97 on NT emacs 20.4

Thanks for your help

Lionel.

* Re: Uncomplete group list in virtual cache server
@ 1999-12-01 19:56 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-12-01 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lionel Vidal <lionel.vidal@bst.bsf.alcatel.fr> writes:

> But then when I enter the server I see only one group on the five
> or so present there.  I looked at the active file, and indeed just
> one group is listed there.
>
> Is there a mean to regenerate an correct active file?

`M-x gnus-cache-generate-active'