* Gnus-slaving remote newsgroups..
@ 1999-01-26 12:12 Andy Eskilsson
From: Andy Eskilsson @ 1999-01-26 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am I the only one having problems wit articles doesn't seem to be
marked as read when reading (from a 'master' gnus) foreign newgroups
with gnus-slave..

It works fine with loxal newsgroups and mail.

	/andy

p.s. Gnus 5.6.45

* Re: Gnus-slaving remote newsgroups..
@ 1999-01-27  4:48 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-01-27  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andy Eskilsson <andy.eskilsson@telelogic.se> writes:

> Am I the only one having problems wit articles doesn't seem to be
> marked as read when reading (from a 'master' gnus) foreign newgroups
> with gnus-slave..

Er...  Do foreign groups that you read with gnus-slave have all
articles marked as read?

* Re: Gnus-slaving remote newsgroups..
@ 1999-01-27 13:53   ` Andy Eskilsson
From: Andy Eskilsson @ 1999-01-27 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

/ Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:
| Andy Eskilsson <andy.eskilsson@telelogic.se> writes:
|
| > Am I the only one having problems wit articles doesn't seem to be
| > marked as read when reading (from a 'master' gnus) foreign newgroups
| > with gnus-slave..
|
| Er...  Do foreign groups that you read with gnus-slave have all
| articles marked as read?

Rather the other way around, when I read a foreign group from a slave,
I have to re-read the articles in the 'master' gnus later on. (After
pressing 'G' and collecting the data from the slaves in the master)

Articles in my mail-groups and local news-groups I only see
once.. sort of.

This is just a feeling, haven't taken the time to do any scientific
digging in this, just curious if anyone else has tried it..

	/andy

p.s. scenario..

Andy fires up his Gnus..
Andy fires up gnus-slave.. (in other emacsen)
slave fetches mails from server
Andy and the slave reads a mail with subject "Hey Gnuz Rulez"
slave fetches news from foreign server
Andy and the slave reads an article with subject "Hey Gnuz Foreign Server Rulez"
slave fetches news from local server
Andy and the slave reads an article with subject "Hey Gnuz local Server Rulez"
Andy quits the slave.
Andy presses 'G' in his Master..
enters his mailgroup, no article "Hey Gnuz Rulez", it is marked read.
enters his foreign newsgroup.. whoah a new article "Hey Gnuz Foreign Server Rulez" Hmm haven't I read this?
enters his local newsgroup, no new articles "Hey Gnuz local Server Rulez" is marked read..

* Re: Gnus-slaving remote newsgroups..
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-01-27 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andy Eskilsson <andy.eskilsson@telelogic.se> writes:

> Rather the other way around, when I read a foreign group from a slave,
> I have to re-read the articles in the 'master' gnus later on. (After
> pressing 'G' and collecting the data from the slaves in the master)

Could you investigate just when it is this happens+