* Understanding the syntax of (adapt adapt-rule)
@ 2013-03-19  2:07 Me
From: Me @ 2013-03-19  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I can't quite get the syntax right for adding an adaptive rule to the
score file for a specific group.  Does anyone have a working example for
this?

joe

* Re: Understanding the syntax of (adapt adapt-rule)
@ 2013-04-01 20:01 ` Me
From: Me @ 2013-04-01 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Me <usenet@plaguesplace.dyndns.org> writes:

> I can't quite get the syntax right for adding an adaptive rule to the
> score file for a specific group.  Does anyone have a working example for
> this?

Let me bump my own message.

Here is where I am at:

I have this in a score for a specific group:
cat ~/News/nnvirtual:tech-meta.SCORE
((adapt
 (gnus-kill-file-mark)
 (gnus-unread-mark)
 (gnus-read-mark
  (from 5))
 (gnus-catchup-mark)
 (gnus-killed-mark
  (from -111))
 (gnus-del-mark
  (from -111))
 (gnus-ticked-mark
  (from 5))))

I think from this specific code block(from gnus-score.el) that
gnus-adaptive-score-alist is being loaded from adapt?:
1195          (setq gnus-adaptive-score-alist
1196                      (cond ((equal adapt '(t))
1197                                         (setq
gnus-newsgroup-adaptive t)
1198
gnus-default-adaptive-score-alist)
1199                      ((equal adapt '(ignore))
1200                                         (setq
gnus-newsgroup-adaptive nil))
1201                                      ((consp adapt)
1202                                                         (setq
gnus-newsgroup-adaptive t)
1203                                       adapt)
1204                                                         (t
1205
;;(setq gnus-newsgroup-adaptive gnus-use-adaptive-scoring)
1206                       gnus-default-adaptive-score-alist)))

I check gnus-adaptive-score-alist using C-h v and it appears to load
correctly(when comparing the same variable in other groups) yet adaptive
scoring ignores the values I have implied and continues to use the
values from gnus-default-adaptive-score-alist

What am I missing?

joe