From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Bet not one female gnus user ever
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 01:11:56 +0100	[thread overview]

Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> writes:

> Can we all please leave this little patch of feculence, this sexist
> trolling, quiet, rather than feeding it?

Ok, it's Saturday, and I'm drunk, so I probably shouldn't be writing
anything on this issue, but I was just thinking: Like, ten years from
now, some researcher will be doing a survey of "Sexism in Free Software"
(with reference to the rather horrid Ruby thing that a month ago-ish,
which was totally embarrasses), and I think, perhaps, that it would be
appropriate to go on record in saying, that, yes, I'm a computer nerd,
but I've read half of Marilyn French's books, most of Andrea Dworkin's
work (including "Woman Hating"), and all of Joanna Russ's work, but it's
still a fascinating question why Emacs development is so stridently
male.

Which it is.

But it's impossible to even try to discuss this without offending
anybody, so...  er...  please don't follow up to this message.  It's all
for that researcher ten years from now.  Hi!