* IMAP unread count
@ 2009-04-21  7:50 Frank Schmitt
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2009-04-21  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

Say I start Gnus on machine A, read mails in IMAP folder INBOX until
mail number 42. Then I start Gnus in machine B and catchup in the same
IMAP folder so both have the same unread status. Then mail 43 arrives, I
read it in the Gnus on machine B, so there unread count is 0. When I say
g in summary buffer of machine A, I still get an unread count of 1.

I had the impression there was a patch for this long standing (and
irritating) bug. Am I mistaken or wasn't it incorporated or is my Gnus
too old?

Frank

--
Have you ever considered how much text can fit in eighty columns?  Given that a
signature typically contains up to four lines of text, this space allows you to

* Re: IMAP unread count
@ 2009-04-23 14:34 ` Frank Schmitt
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2009-04-23 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: Vitaly Mayatskikh

Frank Schmitt <ich@frank-schmitt.net> writes:

> Say I start Gnus on machine A, read mails in IMAP folder INBOX until
> mail number 42. Then I start Gnus in machine B and catchup in the same
> IMAP folder so both have the same unread status. Then mail 43 arrives, I
> read it in the Gnus on machine B, so there unread count is 0. When I say
> g in summary buffer of machine A, I still get an unread count of 1.
>
> I had the impression there was a patch for this long standing (and
> irritating) bug. Am I mistaken or wasn't it incorporated or is my Gnus
> too old?

I searched and the thread I was referring to was
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/67238 where Vitaly
Mayatskikh proposed a solution to the issues. I CC Vitaly.