From: prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc)
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: problem with gnus-no-server
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 14:32:15 -0400	[thread overview]

Mark Thomas <swoon@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
> When I changed the
>   "nnml:"
> back to
>   (nnml "")
> I was able to use gnus-no-server.

I guess that's a bug.

> It appears that all the new method-backend pairs are being written as
>   "method:backend"
> instead of
>   (method "backend")

Actually, the first part is the backend, and the second part is the
"server address".

> I supposed this is the New And Improved way?  What should my nnml
> entries look like?  What about nndir entries, which currently look
> like
>   (nndir "e:/mthomas/mail/CMU/" (nndir-directory "e:/mthomas/mail/CMU"))

If this select method already appears in gnus-secondary-select-methods
or was defined in the *Server* buffer as a foreign server, then
"nndir:e:/mthomas/mail/CMU/" should work.  The point is that only the
identifying information is copied into all the references to the
server; the attributes of the server that you might want to change
from time to time are stored in only one place, so you don't have to
worry about keeping multiple copies in sync.

paul