* adding to-address for lots (hundreds) of groups ?
@ 2001-02-13  6:33 James H. Cloos Jr.
From: James H. Cloos Jr. @ 2001-02-13  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've got my mailing list mail split out into groups named after each
list's post-to address.  But I do not have any group parameters set.

What I need now is a function that will set to to-address param based
on the group's name.

I intend to write it such that I can run it in *Group* to change the
to-address param of the group under point, and also to run from a hook
so that all new groups which have an @ in their name are so configed.

Anyone have any tips on accomplishing this?

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr.  <http://jhcloos.com/public_key>     1024D/ED7DAEA6
<cloos@jhcloos.com>  E9E9 F828 61A4 6EA9 0F2B  63E7 997A 9F17 ED7D AEA6

* Re: adding to-address for lots (hundreds) of groups ?
@ 2001-02-13 12:33 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-02-13 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 13 Feb 2001, James H. Cloos, Jr. wrote:

> What I need now is a function that will set to to-address param
> based on the group's name.

(defun jhc-set-to-address ()
  (when (and gnus-newsgroup-name
             (stringp gnus-newsgroup-name)
             (string-match "nnml:\\([a-z]+\\)@" gnus-newsgroup-name))
    (gnus-group-set-parameter gnus-newsgroup-name
                              'to-address
                              (match-string 1 gnus-newsgroup-name))))
(add-hook 'gnus-summary-mode-hook 'jhc-set-to-address)

Untested!  Does this do something useful?

kai
--
Be indiscrete.  Do it continuously.