Stainless Steel Rat writes: > * Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) on Sun, 23 Jul 2000 > | I think the header might be useful in a posting to a mailing list. > | Maybe the author doesn't want to receive two copies of the replies, > | and is subscribed to the mailing list. > > Reply-To is used in a mail message to direct replies to someone other than > the originator. Using Mail-Copies-To to duplicate this behavior is > redundant. OTOH, setting Reply-To to point to a mailing list is misuse of Reply-To as well.[0] (Even when it's done by users instead of the list software, I say.) Mail-Followup-To[1] is a solution designed specifically for this problem. Gnus should support it, but I'm not sure whether it would necessitate a distinction between wide reply to news and wide reply to mail. [0] [1] paul