* BUG: Incorrect point after window splitting
@ 2000-04-03 23:28 David Hedbor
From: David Hedbor @ 2000-04-03 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

Third time I write to report this bug, which is driving me crazy
(almost far enough to me to look for a new mailprogram).

The bug: When opening a message for the first time in a buffer which
hash a number of emails (required number probably depends on the size
of the message buffer), the point of the cursor in the message list is
changed. This means that when I go to press reply, I reply to another
message.

This is an example of the point before and after:

Before: 2925
After: 571

I have a couple of screenshots too at:

http://david.hedbor.org/tmp/before.gif
http://david.hedbor.org/tmp/after.gif

Notice how the point is in a completely different place after pressing
RET to open the message.

I tried debugging it but when the debugger window is open, the problem
doesn't seem to appear. :-(

Am I _really_ the only one with this problem? Is it an xemacs bug?
This bug wasn't always where but I don't remember exactly when it
appeared.

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
Kansas state law requires pedestrians crossing the highways at night to