* [wishes] keyboard short cuts in menus and show directly forwarded messages
@ 1999-02-07 18:33 David Mentré
From: David Mentré @ 1999-02-07 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Gnus hackers,

1. Is there any way to have Gnus keyboard short cuts in Gnu Emacs 20
   menus ? It is easier to learn them.

2. Is there any way to show directly forwarded messages (message/rfc822)
   when seeing mail ? It is boring to have to type C-d or press the
   button to see it (or I'm just lazy ;).

Many thanks in advance,
d.
--
 David.Mentre@irisa.fr -- http://www.irisa.fr/prive/dmentre/
 Opinions expressed here are only mine.

* Re: [wishes] keyboard short cuts in menus and show directly forwarded messages
@ 1999-02-09 15:54 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-02-09 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

David.Mentre@irisa.fr (David Mentré) writes:

> 1. Is there any way to have Gnus keyboard short cuts in Gnu Emacs 20
>    menus ? It is easier to learn them.

When I look at the Gnus menus, I get the keystrokes in them as well.

> 2. Is there any way to show directly forwarded messages (message/rfc822)
>    when seeing mail ? It is boring to have to type C-d or press the
>    button to see it (or I'm just lazy ;).

If the message/rfc822 is part 2, then `2 b' should show it.

* Re: [wishes] keyboard short cuts in menus and show directly forwarded messages
@ 1999-02-12 13:09   ` David Mentré
From: David Mentré @ 1999-02-12 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> When I look at the Gnus menus, I get the keystrokes in them as well.

Yet another thing I should look for in my .emacs. <Grin>

> > 2. Is there any way to show directly forwarded messages (message/rfc822)
> >    when seeing mail ? It is boring to have to type C-d or press the
> >    button to see it (or I'm just lazy ;).
>
> If the message/rfc822 is part 2, then `2 b' should show it.

Yes, but sometimes it is a (forwarded)*Ntimes message. I tought it would
be nice to have a '(setq gnus-show-recursively-rfc822 t)' option.

Regards,
d.

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-02-19 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

David.Mentre@irisa.fr (David Mentré) writes:

> Yes, but sometimes it is a (forwarded)*Ntimes message. I tought it would
> be nice to have a '(setq gnus-show-recursively-rfc822 t)' option.

If we display message/rfc822 parts inline, then we'll get recursive
display automatically.  :-)

Actually, that reminds me -- if we do message/rfc822 inline, and that
part is a multipart that has buttons -- what should `2 b' and friends
do?  Er...  I guess it could just name the buttons consecutively.
Never mind.  Carry on.  Nothing to see here.