* shr.el makes cursor jump in summary buffer
@ 2010-10-28 11:53 Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2010-10-28 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

1) view a HTML article with shr.el

2) switch focus to another application *while images are still loading*

3) when you return, the cursor in the summary buffer has jumped to the
end (so `SPC' will ask if you want to leave the group)

This is 100% repeatable for me...

Ted

* Re: shr.el makes cursor jump in summary buffer
@ 2010-10-28 12:13 ` Julien Danjou
From: Julien Danjou @ 2010-10-28 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ted Zlatanov; +Cc: ding

On Thu, Oct 28 2010, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> 1) view a HTML article with shr.el
>
> 2) switch focus to another application *while images are still loading*
>
> 3) when you return, the cursor in the summary buffer has jumped to the
> end (so `SPC' will ask if you want to leave the group)
>
> This is 100% repeatable for me...

I did not manage to repeat it, but maybe that's because images are
downloaded very fastly. :-)
I only saw a potential problem when inserting images on non-graphic
display, which I just fixed, otherwise I don't see any cursor movement
in the image insertion. :-(

--
Julien Danjou
// ᐰ <julien@danjou.info>   http://julien.danjou.info

* Re: shr.el makes cursor jump in summary buffer
@ 2010-10-28 14:57 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-10-28 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> 1) view a HTML article with shr.el
>
> 2) switch focus to another application *while images are still loading*
>
> 3) when you return, the cursor in the summary buffer has jumped to the
> end (so `SPC' will ask if you want to leave the group)

So point moves in the summary buffer when things are happening in the
article buffer?  Could the shr image code be missing a `save-excursion'
somewhere?  Hm...  nope.  Unless `url-retrieve' itself if making the
cursor move around, which wouldn't be ... surprising...